Saturday, June 6, 2015

Best Laid Plans...

The Best Laid Plans...


So here I am watching a rerun of Blue Bloods on TV when Kathleen and I should be arriving in Piura.

 It has been a long week. Last Sunday, Ken and I brought my father into the ER at St. Vincent Hospital for what we thought would be a breathing treatment for his asthma. He was admitted and we have spent the last 6 days at his side as he battles pneumonia and an exorbitant amount of fluid in his chest.

We delayed our departure one week with the hopes that this fluid would be extracted. We are expecting him to go to Grancare for rehab as he has declined physically. He seems to be looking forward to the socialization it will provide.

We are scheduled to leave on Wednesday, and as excited as I was to go initially, I will be leaving with a heavy heart. My siblings have been very supportive and I know Ken will take my place. Please pray for my dad, Kathleen and me as we take this journey.

3 comments: