Thursday, June 23, 2016

How is Ken coping?


Many of you have asked me how I'm doing with Cathy, Erin and Kathleen all in Peru.  Well, that’s not really true.  Some of you have asked, well a few of you have asked, a couple of you, ok, nobody has asked me how I’m coping with my family 7,000 miles away but I’ll tell you anyway. 

One of my goals was to do a little reading while they were gone.  I found the book, "I am Malala" laying around at the cottage.  I was 75 pages in to it before I realized that it wasn’t about President Obama's oldest daughter!  
Also at the cottage, I took off the storm windows and replaced them with the screen windows.  This is a job Cathy and I normally perform together.  Standing inside the cottage, Cathy gently taps the bottom of the storm window.  Standing outside, on a ladder, I take the window off.   This year as I tapped on the bottom of the window from inside the cottage, the window fell five feet to the ground!  Luckily the window didn't break so I may have accidentally discovered a new way to change the windows next year.

 
One evening I tried to fix a leaf blower with some duct tape, a screwdriver and some weed-wacker cord.  Later that evening I used the exact same tools to repair a pair of biking shorts.

On Father's Day night the Cubs game went long and I stayed up too late.  Cathy had left a Father's
click on the photo for a larger version.
Day gift for me on the bed so I was not as observant as should have been when I went to sleep that night.  Cathy's sister Jeanne had brought over Cathy's baby picture from the Kolb family home and had hung it in our bedroom as a joke.  I was shocked when this is what greeted me when I woke up 
Monday morning, a laughing, six month old Cathy Kolb looking down on me!

 And for those of you who inquired, yes the duct tape is back on the kitchen counter.  It's been there so long now I've reached the point that the kitchen counter is just where it goes now.  And last but not least, the default position of the toilet seat is once again "up".

2 comments:

  1. Never be without duct tape and WD-4. Signed by Faithful Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Stuff Ken! But remember that seat goes down the moment you hear the ladies are on their way home!

    ReplyDelete